Center for Diversity and Inclusion Student Leadership Retreat
Students will enhance their understanding of other people through the lens of personal identity development, learn about the experiences of people in other identity groups, and explore various topics on diversity and social justice.
This one-day retreat provides students the opportunity to gain a deeper understanding and appreciation of differences, learn how to effectively address complex issues, and learn how to cultivate a safe and inclusive environment. Students will also have the opportunity to build connections, develop new skills, cultivate their passion, create social change, explore identity, and lead consciously.
This retreat is open to all students at Michigan Tech. Membership in a student organization is not required.
2017 Student Leadership Retreat
This year's theme is Acknowledgement is power.
Goals for the day:
- Participants will set a vision for the next year.
- Gain perspective on the values you hold as a leader.
- Acknowledge and understand the systems that help or harm your goals and values and the goals of others.
Register NowWhen: January 21, 2017, 10 a.m.—4 p.m.
Where: Jutila Center, Room 323, 200 Michigan Street, Hancock, MI 49930
- Space is limited.
- Rides are available.
- Lunch will be served.
The LeaderShape® Institute is an intensive weeklong leadership development experience that is designed to help young leaders learn to “lead with integrity.” This highly interactive and energizing program provides the tools for individuals to:
- Act consistently with core ethical values, personal values, and convictions
- Develop and enrich relationships
- Respect the dignity and contribution of all people
- Believe in a healthy disregard for the impossible
- Produce extraordinary results
The Center for Diversity and Inclusion awards a participation scholarship each year to ten students.