Held each spring semester, Pride Week celebrates the identity and culture of the gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, queer, and questioning (GLBTQ) community.
Planned and hosted by the Keweenaw Pride student organization, this week-long series of events features a variety of programs that vary by year. Past events have included:
- film screenings,
- a Guess the Straight Person event, where GLBTQ stereotypes are explored and debunked,
- guest speakers and lecturers, and
- Q&A sessions about “taboo” topics ranging from GLBT sex to the gender-transition process.
Pride Week always culminates in the annual Drag Show, which draws over 1,000 people to campus and is regularly the year’s highest-attended student-run event.
To view the 2013 Pride Week events poster, click here. To view the 2013 Drag Show poster, click here.
To view event flyers, click on one of the events below:
- The Education of Shelby Knox film screening (Tuesday, March 19)
- "Let's Talk About Sex" Workshop (Wednesday, March 20)
- "One More River to Cross: Black and Gay in America" (Thursday, March 21)