When you were admitted to Michigan Tech, you were sent information regarding your Michigan Tech ID number (M number), username, Initial Sign-On (ISO) password, and email address.
Your Michigan Tech ID Number
Your Michigan Tech ID number is called your M number. You will need to use this secure identification number for many things on campus, including:
- as your initial sign-on password on the HuskyMail,
- to obtain your Tech Express ID card,
- when filling out campus forms,
- when taking tests or exams that use “bubble sheets,”
- when paying your bill online via e-check, you will need to enter the last four digits of your M number for
Changing your ISO password
Your ISO password is initially set to your Michigan Tech ID number (M number). We strongly encourage you to change your ISO password to make your account more secure. To do so
- Go to www.login.mtu.edu.
- Click on the Change Your ISO Password link.
- Enter your username and your ISO password.
Forgot your ISO Password?
If you've forgotten your ISO password, go to www.login.mtu.edu and answer your five ISO secret questions. If you are still having trouble, contact IT Telecom Customer Services at (906) 487-2000 Monday - Friday between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm.
Accessing your E-mail
Your Michigan Tech email address is your official email address while you are a student at Michigan Tech and is where we will send important messages. Many offices at Michigan Tech will only communicate with you online. Notification of your fall class schedule and billing statement will be available only through your Michigan Tech email account.
Your Michigan Tech e-mail address provides you access to your personal e-mail account which is called HuskyMail. This is your official e-mail address while you are a student at Michigan Tech. To get your mail, you will use your username and your ISO password. E-mail instructions and policies are available online at huskymail.mtu.edu.
To access your Michigan Tech e-mail with a web browser
- Go to huskymail.mtu.edu.
- Type in your User name and your ISO password, then click the Login button.
- Now you may read and send mail.
Accessing the Canvas Learning Management System
Your username and ISO password will provide you access to all course materials (lectures notes, homework assignments, grade information, streaming video files, email chat, etc.) posted on Canvas. You can use any browser to get to Canvas.
To access Canvas
- Go to the Canvas Login page
- Log in using your Michigan Tech user name and ISO password
- You will see a list of the courses your are registered for from the Courses drop-down menu in the gold banner. Click on a course to enter it.
Banweb is Michigan Tech’s online student information system and allows you to check your academic records online. You can log on to Banweb to check your grades, transcripts, apply for graduation, access your transcripts, register for classes, and more.
Click here to access Banweb. Your log on into this system is your username and ISO password.