Minor in Computer Science
Getting a Well-rounded Education
The discipline of computer science encompasses theory, experimentation, and engineering design. This minor will strengthen your creativity, precision, and reasoning ensuring you will be a well-rounded graduate. The skills you will learn are desirable to an employer, and support a breadth of fields from engineering to audio and sound design.
Students seeking a minor in Computer Science are required to have the following classes:
- CS 1142 Programming at HW/SW Interface
- CS 2311 Discrete Structures
- CS 2321 Data Structures
- CS 3141 Team Software Project
Select 6 credits from the following courses:
- CS 3311 Formal Models of Computation
- CS 3331 Concurrent Computing
- CS 3411 Systems Programming
- CS 3421 Computer Organization
- CS 3425 Intro to Database Systems
- CS 3712 Software Quality Assurance
- CS 4130 Compiler Design and Optimization
- CS 4321 Intro to Algorithms
- CS 4611 Computer Graphics
- CS 4710 Model-Driven Software Dev.
- CS 4711 Software Processes and Mgmt.
- CS 4760 Human-Centered Interactions
- CS 4811 Artificial Intelligence
- CS 4821 Data Mining