Cap and Gown
You must wear a cap and gown for the commencement ceremony, unless you are an ROTC commissionee. Commissionees wear their uniforms, not caps and gowns.
How to Order
You can order caps and gowns online. The gown is the property of the graduate. Rental commencement regalia is not available.
- Go to the Campus Bookstore website
- Locate Cap & Gown banner on the right side of the page - click Order Now
- Graduation Information page will load - click Order now
- You will need to choose the category you are ordering regalia for: Undergraduate, Graduate or Faculty
For orders placed by midnight on October 15:
Undergraduate Set $50.00 (plus tax)
Masters Set $100.00 (plus tax)
PhD Set $120.00 (plus tax)
Orders placed after October 15:
Undergraduate Set $70.00 plus expedited shipping (plus tax)
Masters Set $120.00 plus expedited shipping (plus tax)
PhD Set $140.00 plus expedited shipping (plus tax)
Orders placed after November 22nd at 4:00 pm are not guaranteed to arrive before the commencement ceremony.
A few things to note:
- All sets include a gown, SureFit cap (one size fits most) and tassel. Masters and PhD sets also include a hood.
- Prices subject to change. There are no refunds on cap and gown orders.
- Cap and gown pickup is from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm starting December 4th to 8th and December 11th to 14th at the Campus Bookstore Buyback Window. You will need to present a photo ID.
- Students participating in the Spring Commencement 2018 ceremony may order their caps and gowns beginning in February 2018.
- Please contact the Campus Bookstore at 906-487-2410 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Get Cords
Honor cords are issued to undergraduate degree candidates based on GPA as determined by the University. The Campus Bookstore has a list of eligible candidates and cords will be available when students pick up graduation regalia.
How to Wear Your Tassel
Graduates wear their tassels on the right. Michigan Tech asks graduates to wear tassels this way so our photographer has a clear opening to take your picture.