MyPlan Career Planning Tool
MyPlan is an online career-planning tool offering interest inventories, personality and career assessments, databases of careers and majors, and much more. Career Services administers this service for the Michigan Tech community.
Whether you’re choosing a major, planning ahead for your first career, or thinking about making a career change, MyPlan can help you explore different options and bring them into focus.
Create Your Account
Current Michigan Tech students, alumni, faculty, staff, and friends of the University may create a MyPlan account. Once you sign up for a free account, you’ll have lifetime access to valuable career planning tools. You can also meet with a Career Services advisor to discuss your results.
To create an account and start planning for your future, just follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Michigan Tech MyPlan home page.
- Click the Create Free Account button.
- Register for an account using your Michigan Tech email address. Complete the rest of the form.
Note: You may choose any username and password—it need not be tied to your information at the University. We advise against using your Michigan Tech ISO password.
- If you would like to discuss your results with a Career Services advisor, please make sure to select the “Share results with career advisor?” check box.
- Enter the following license code: VAP48M9R
- Once you have completed the registration process, you’ll receive a confirmation email containing your account information.
Take the Assessments
After creating a MyPlan account, you’ll have access to several career assessments. To access them, log into your account and select the Assessments tab; here, you’ll find the Career Personality Test, the Career Interest Inventory, the Career Skills Profiler, and the Career Values Assessment. Once you complete all four assessments, a Career Services advisor can help you interpret the results.