Alumni Association Board
About the Board
The Board of Directors is a group of volunteers elected from around the country to act as the policy-making body for the Michigan Tech Alumni Association. It establishes programs, sets priorities for the Association, and works with the Executive Director of Alumni Relations to develop and support programs for students and alumni.
Celebrating Traditions. Creating Connections.
We are passionate champions of Michigan Tech's unique traditions and we continuously strengthen our alumni community.
- The purposes of the Association are:
- Building a worldwide Alumni network;
- Communicating with Alumni on behalf of Michigan Tech;
- Recognizing outstanding Alumni and friends of Michigan Tech;
- Developing and sponsoring events for Alumni that contribute to the University's strategic goals;
- Building a culture of philanthropy and encouraging service to Michigan Tech and the world;
Terms of the Board
The Directors are elected to six-year terms by the current board members. Representatives from the Michigan Tech Student Foundation, Undergraduate Student Government, Graduate Student Government, and Michigan Technological University faculty members are also a part of the Alumni Board.
The Board of Directors maintains several standing committees to help achieve our mission, vision, and purpose. These are:
- Governance - oversees new board member elections and alumni recognition
- Marketing - promotes Alumni Association sponsored benefits
- Alumni First - coordinates and promotes local chapter and regional alumni events
- Student Initiative Support - provides mentoring and financial support for student activities
Come Join Us!
We are always looking to diversify our team! Elections are held in even numbered years, but nominations are continuously open.