- EERC 312
Assistant Professor, School of Technology
- PhD, Computer Science, Michigan Technological University, 2011
- MS, Computer Science, Michigan Technological University, 2003
- BS, Astrophysics, Beijing Normal University, Beijing, 1989
Chunming Gao is an assistant professor in the School of Technology at Michigan Tech. Gao's areas of expertise are efficient algorithm designs, data management, systems security, and innovative HCI designs. Gao's research activities include designing big data security and privacy, designing vehicular ad-hoc network security and efficiency, exploring instruction level parallelism in super-scalar processor designs, and designing innovative human computer interfaces. Gao serves as a reviewer for a variety of IEEE and ACM conferences, such as SIGCHI, INFOCOM, and GLOBECOM. He also serves as an editorial board member of International Journal of Information Science and an editorial board member of Journal of Advanced Computer Science Technology.
- Big Data Security and Privacy
- Human computer interaction
- Distributed computing
- Undergraduate and graduate education
- Database management and administration
- Advanced Unix and Linux administration
- Healthcare security management
- Programming languages
- Senior project designs
- Gao, C., Iwane, N. (2014). Developing a Multi-trust Model for Multi-purpose Healthcare Social Networks. 11th Annual IEEE Consumer Communications & Networking Conference.
- Iwane, N., Gao, C. (2014). A Study of Using Handwritten Annotations on Digital Textbooks. Proceedings of 3rd International Conference on Advanced Applied Informatics.
- Gao, C., Iwane, N. (2014). Application of A Blended Active Learning Model in Teaching Computer Programming to Non-majors. The 45th ACM Technical Symposium on Computer Science Education.
- Gao, C., Pastel, R. L., Tan, J. (2013). An Experimental Study of a New Channel for Data Input On Small Mobile Devices. Journal on Knowledge and Data Engineering (JKDE).
- Iwane, N., Gao, C., Yoshida, M. (2013). A Method for knowledge Acquisition from Handwritten Mark on Digital Text. The 2nd International Workshop on Smart Technologies for Energy, Information and Communication.
- Iwane, N., Gao, C. (2013). Question Generation for Learner Centered Learning. 2013 IEEE International Conference on Advanced Learning Technologies.
- Hendrick, E., Schooley, B., Gao, C. (2013). CloudHealth: Developing A Reliable Cloud Platform for Healthcare Applications. IEEE 2013 International Workshop on Consumer eHealth Platforms, Services and Applications.
- Li, C., Chigan, C., Gao, C. (2013). Compressive Sensing based Data Collection in VANETs. IEEE 2013 Wireless Communications and Networking Conference.
- Li, Z., Chigan, C., Gao, C. (2013). STCP2: Short-Time Certificate-based Privacy Protection for Vehicular Ad Hoc Networks. IEEE 2013 Wireless Communications and Networking Conference.
- Gao, C., G. Hembroff. 2012. Implications of Modified Waterfall Model to the Roles and Education of Health IT Professionals, IEEE/IFIP Network Operations and Management Symposium.
- Gao, C., Pastel, R. L., Tan, J. (2012). TiltClick: One-Handed Eyes-Free Numeric and Symbol Input for Calculator Applications. IEEE International Virtual Environments, Human-Computer Interfaces, and Measurement Systems.
- Levin, E., Gao, C., Carter, J. (2012). "Research in Hands-Free Conrol of Digital Photogrammetric 3D Measurements", ISPRS, From Imagery to Mapping workshop, Lisbon.
- Gao, C. 2012. Developing a Research EHR Based on Private EMRs, Society for Public Health Education’s Mid-year Scientific Conference. (abstract, accepted)
- Gao, C., R. Pastel, J. Tan. 2010. Yet Another User Input System: Accelerometer Assisted Single Key Input System, 8th World Congress on Intelligent Control and Automation.
- Wang, X., J. Mayo, G. C. Hembroff, C. Gao. 2009. Detection of Conjunctive Stable Predicates in Dynamic Systems, Proceedings of the Fifteenth International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Systems (ICPADS'09).
- Gao, C., J. Tan, F. Kong. 2009. HealthAware: Tackling Obesity with Health Aware Smart Phone Systems, IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Biomimetics.