- EERC 312
Assistant Professor, School of Technology
- PhD, Computer Science, Michigan Technological University, 2011
- MS, Computer Science, Michigan Technological University, 2003
- BS, Astrophysics, Beijing Normal University, Beijing, 1989
Chunming Gao is an assistant professor in the School of Technology at Michigan Tech. Gao's areas of expertise are efficient algorithm designs, data management, systems security, and innovative HCI designs. Gao's research activities include designing big data security and privacy, designing vehicular ad-hoc network security and efficiency, exploring instruction level parallelism in super-scalar processor designs, and designing innovative human computer interfaces. Gao serves as a reviewer for a variety of IEEE and ACM conferences, such as SIGCHI, INFOCOM, and GLOBECOM. He also serves as an editorial board member of International Journal of Information Science and an editorial board member of Journal of Advanced Computer Science Technology.
- Big Data Security and Privacy
- Human-Computer Interaction in Healthcare
- Distributed Computing
- Undergraduate and Graduate Education
- Database Management and Administration
- HCI (Human-Computer Interaction) Research Methods
- Healthcare Security Management
- Advanced Unix and Linux Administration
- Programming Languages
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Gao, C., Iwane, N. (2015). A Social Network Model for Big Data Privacy Preserving and Accountability Assurance. 12th Annual IEEE Consumer Communications & Networking Conference.
- Iwane, N., Gao, C. (2014). A Study of Using Handwritten Annotations on Digital Textbooks. Proceedings of 3rd International Conference on Advanced Applied Informatics.
- Gao, C., Iwane, N. (2014). Application of A Blended Active Learning Model in Teaching Computer Programming to Non-majors. The 45th ACM Technical Symposium on Computer Science Education.
- Gao, C., Iwane, N. (2014). Developing a Multi-trust Model for Multi-purpose Healthcare Social Networks. 11th Annual IEEE Consumer Communications & Networking Conference.
- Gao, C., Pastel, R. L., Tan, J. (2013). An Experimental Study of a New Channel for Data Input On Small Mobile Devices. Journal on Knowledge and Data Engineering (JKDE).
- Iwane, N., Gao, C., Yoshida, M. (2013). A Method for knowledge Acquisition from Handwritten Mark on Digital Text. The 2nd International Workshop on Smart Technologies for Energy, Information and Communication.
- Iwane, N., Gao, C. (2013). Question Generation for Learner Centered Learning. 2013 IEEE International Conference on Advanced Learning Technologies.
- Hendrick, E., Schooley, B., Gao, C. (2013). CloudHealth: Developing A Reliable Cloud Platform for Healthcare Applications. IEEE 2013 International Workshop on Consumer eHealth Platforms, Services and Applications.
- PI, MTU Blended Learning Project Fund (2015)
- PI, MTU Research Excellence Fund Seed Grant (2013)
- PI, MTU Instructional Improvement and Innovation Grant (2008, 2010, 2011)