Please go to www.mtu.edu/safetyfirstalert/SIGNUPNOW to indicate how you would like to be contacted when an emergency or time-sensitive communication is sent.
What is Safety First Alert?
The Safety First Alert service is our new communication system that will allow Michigan Tech to send emergency and time-sensitive notifications via voice, email, and text message.
The Safety First Alert service can:
- Deliver a recorded message to up to three phone numbers
- Send an email to your Michigan Tech email address
- Send a text message to your mobile device
How do I subscribe?
- Log into Banweb using your ISO information.
- Click the Safety First contact information link.
- Follow the instructions and complete the form.
What happens after I subscribe?
You will receive a confirmation email from Safety First Alert at your Michigan Tech email address. Depending on your cell phone provider you may receive a text message confirmation.
How often should I update my information?
Will you use my information for any other purposes?
No, the information you provide will be used only for time-sensitive Michigan Tech communications. It will be kept private and confidential and will not be shared with other entities.