Newly Admitted Students to Study Abroad
Newly-admitted students to the study abroad program have many questions regarding their upcoming experience. Please register online and refer to the following resources to answer those questions. If you have any further questions, please contact International Programs and Services (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Pre-Departure Required Information
- Study Abroad Confirmation of Full Time Enrollment
- Study Abroad Checklist
- Cultural Resume
- Limited Power of Attorney for Study Abroad
- Study Abroad 201
- Study Abroad 301
Travel Discount Card
IPS is an issuing office of the International Student Identity Card (ISIC).
The ISIC card is the premier discount and identity document for students. More than an ID card, they also offer:
- Discounts to more than 33,000 locations in 103 countries
- Mobile phone and a calling card communications package
- Travel insurance plan
- Emergency help line
To qualify and to purchase an ISIC:
- You must be a currently enrolled, full-time degree seeking student at Michigan Tech
- Complete and submit the online ISIC application form
- Request your Tech Express photo be submitted to IPS (for ISIC card)
- The ISIC card is FREE of charge to Michigan Tech students that are accepted into one of our study abroad programs or $22 if you are not participating in study abroad.
Visit the ISIC web site for complete details: International Student Identity Card (ISIC).