F-1 Students

If you want to study in the United States, you need a student visa.

An F-1 visa is for students who come here to pursue academics or research, and who are not immigrating to the US. There are rules and regulations you must follow to receive and maintain F-1 status, like being enrolled full-time, and proving you have income to support yourself while you are here.

International Programs and Services at Michigan Tech can help you understand and navigate the process.

For extra guidance, or any time you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at ips@mtu.edu or 906-487-2160.