Arrival/Departure Form I-94

Customs and Border Protection (CBP), a division of the Department of Homeland Security will issue you an electronic  I-94 every time you enter the U.S.  You will obtain a stamp in the passport and your entry/departure record will be recorded in the CBP data base electronically at the port of entry. This stamp will be your official record of arrival.   

To access the arrival record and print out an I-94 go to:

To gain access to your I-94 record and print out a copy of the I-94, you will need the following information:

  • first name
  • last name 
  • date of birth
  • passport number
  • country of issuance
  • date of entry
  • class of admission (such as F-1 or J-1) 

A few more details:

  • When you use the I-94 for documentation, you will also have to show the entry stamp in your passport.
  • When you leave the U.S., your I-94 information will no longer be available on the website.
  • When leaving by air or sea, you will not have to turn in an I-94 card if you entered on the electronic system.
  • If you have a paper I-94 card now, you will turn it in when you leave.
  • If you get a new passport, and your entry stamp is in the old passport, the entry stamp is still valid.
  • We suggest that you copy all of your documents:  passport, visas, stamps in the passport, I-94 cards. And keep them forever, preferably in electronic and paper form. Because systems, processes, and requirements change through the years, we suggest you be extra careful and just keep it all.