Graduates are eligible to receive up to four guest tickets for Spring Commencement. A commencement ticket is required for attendance. Graduates themselves do not need a commencement ticket. Tickets are free of charge.
Graduates may reserve their guest tickets by visiting the Ticketing Office in the SDC or reserving online. The deadline for graduates to reserve tickets for Spring Commencement is Monday, April 17 at 8:00 a.m. After that time, any unclaimed tickets will be available on a first-come, first-served basis for graduates to request up to two* extra tickets.
How to reserve your commencement tickets online
- Go to tickets.mtu.edu.
- On the menu bar click on My Account.
- Log into My Account using your mtu.edu email address and your ticketing password (this is not your ISO password). If you have ordered tickets online before you will have a password.
- If you have never ordered tickets online you will need to call the ticket office at (906) 487-2073 for a password or stop by Ticketing Office located at the Student Development Office to reserve your tickets.
- Once you are logged in click on Home on the menu bar.
- Click on the empty box next to Search Events and type Commencement and hit enter. Or you can search via the Calendar by finding April 29th, and click on the date.
- Spring Commencement should appear click on the buy button.
- Choose the quantity of tickets you will need (4 is the maximum amount that can be requested at this time).
- Click add to cart
- Click continue
- Click continue
- Click buy and your tickets are now reserved.
Guests who cannot travel to Houghton for the ceremony may watch it live online.
*NOTE: spring graduates may request up to 6 total guest tickets, when available. Additional guests may view the streamed ceremony from the overflow area, which will be set up in the SDC Wood Gym. Overflow seating tickets may be reserved through the Ticketing Office as well.