Apply to Graduate
All undergraduate students must submit an online graduation application. The form needs to be filled out by all prospective graduates—including those who do not plan to participate in the commencement ceremony. A separate application is required for each undergraduate degree.
Apply for Graduation
This application must be completed no later than week 10 of the semester prior to the graduating semester.
Commencement Ceremony Eligibility Requirements
To be eligible to participate in the commencement ceremony, students must:
- be registered in the course(s) that will complete all outstanding program requirements
- have an approved audit on file with the academic advisor for each academic program in which enrolled
- have a graduation application on file for each degree and certificate in which enrolled in the Registrar's Office no later than week 10 of the semester prior to the graduating semester.
Participation in a commencement ceremony is not equivalent to graduation. Since the ceremony may occur before final grades are submitted, it is not possible to determine if all degree requirements have been met at that time. Graduation becomes official after all grades are received and the degree notation is placed on the academic record.
If you are participating in the ceremony and want your name listed in the program, you must submit your application for graduation no later than Friday, October 27, 2017.
Once your graduation application is on file with Degree Services, your name will be added to the undergraduate candidates list (updated weekly on the commencement website).
Please note: Diploma and ceremony information will reflect your legal name. If you have any questions regarding this, please contact email@example.com.
If your attendance plans change from what you indicated on your graduation application, please contact Degree Services (firstname.lastname@example.org).
If you cannot participate in commencement as scheduled and would like to ask permission to attend an earlier (or later) ceremony, contact Degree Services in the Registrar’s Office.
Current graduate (master's and PhD) students must submit a Commencement Application form 10 weeks before commencement.
Apply for Graduation
Graduate Student Commencement Ceremony Eligibility Requirements
Current graduate students
To qualify for participation in the upcoming spring ceremony and be listed in the program you must:
- Submit a Commencement Application (Walk) Form requesting to participate in commencement to the Graduate School.
- Contact the Graduate School (email@example.com) if your plans have changed and you are not completing your degree this or next semester.
- Once your Commencement Application is on file with the Graduate School, your name will be added the Graduate Candidates list on the commencement website through weekly updates.
Students who previously graduated and wish to attend commencement
Please contact the Graduate School if you:
- Have not yet confirmed your attendance (even if you have indicated planned attendance on your “Degree Completion” form).
- Would like to defer attendance to a future commencement ceremony.
For information regarding diplomas, please visit the Diploma Information page.