Wellness is devoted to improving the overall student wellness at Michigan Tech during their years of study and after graduation, so that all students can live a healthy, balanced lifestyle.
Refine the mission and programming of Student Wellness at Michigan Tech to deliver effective, relevant, and timely wellness education to our students with the end goal of creating a prevention-conscious culture at Michigan Tech.
Produce an evidence-informed practice for all health and wellness programming:
- Hold a literature review of student health and wellness materials yearly
- Consistently assess programs, presentations, and student staff
- Adapt and improve the Peer Health Advocate training
- Redefine student health and wellness and what our team provides
Create a culture of continuing professional development and service within the Wellness team:
- Have student health and wellness staff participate in professional development opportunities yearly
- Look at benchmark institutions for programming structure and ideas
- Encourage Peer Health Advocates to present at a recognized conference