Instagram Lives allow you to share the excitement of important events in real time. If you don’t delete it, it stays up for 24 hours.
The ideal duration of an Instagram Live depends on the event. You can broadcast for up to an hour, but typically viewership falls off after the first 10 minutes.
Why Use Instagram Live
- Capture the excitement of "being there."
- Reach current and prospective students.
- Interact with existing followers and grow your audience.
What Makes This Platform
- Include plenty of faces.
- Keep it short and fun.
- Share instantly to Facebook Stories.
- Monitor comments in real time.
What Breaks This Platform
- It will go away unless you save it to your camera roll to repost.
- Typically low engagement for new accounts with few followers.
- Bad internet connection.
- Background distractions.
Search for helpful blogs and videos to learn new techniques that make posting easier and more effective, like this Instagram expert.
- Human ice bowling
- Broomball drop
- Campus life
- Career Services Q&A