COVID-19 Update: Additional Resources and Support for Michigan Tech Employees
In an email sent to Michigan Tech faculty and staff, University President Rick Koubek highlighted additional resources and support for employees. In making the announcement, Koubek said the additional employee benefits are designed to help offset the negative effects of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Additional benefits include:
- Full-time employees will receive 80 hours of COVID-19 pandemic leave to be used in case of quarantine, isolation or family care needs related to COVID-19 exposure, illness, or other related scenarios. Part-time employees will receive prorated leave based on their appointment
- The newly created Husky WorkerReady program will assure those impacted by temporary shutdowns and slowdowns across units can continue their employment by working in areas of need
- Enhanced remote work protocol
- Access to employee counseling and mental health services.
- Paid leave for trained and/or registered emergency responder volunteers
- Establishment of the Husky Emergency Assistance Fund
Details of the benefits and the complete letter can be found at mtu.edu/covid-19