Volunteer registration will close on Friday, August 11 at 5 p.m. If your student organization has limited availability, please sign up as soon as possible.
Complete the Student Organization Move-In Volunteer Registration form. All student organization members who are volunteering must read the Liability/Risk Agreement Statement.
All volunteers should report to the Wadsworth Hall Reception Desk at least 10-15 minutes prior to the start of their shift to check in.
Student organization volunteer guidelines:
- Remember that you are representing your student organization and Michigan Tech. First impressions are very important.
- Wear apparel that represents your student organization or Michigan Tech only.
- Wear clothing that is neat and appropriate (no holes, no hats, and no sunglasses are permitted).
- Wear comfortable, closed toe shoes (athletic shoes recommended).
- Volunteers may not recruit or pass out invitations/flyers of any kind.
- Volunteers must offer to help everyone.
- Remember that some students and families may not want assistance, please ask first.
- Work cooperatively with University, Orientation, and Student Affairs staff who are also assigned to assist with the move-in process.
- Refer all questions you cannot answer to the Student Leadership and Involvement and Orientation staff members.
Quick lifting tips:
- Before lifting, make sure your path is dry and clear of objects that could cause a fall.
- Bend your knees and keep your back straight. (Lift with your legs, not your back.)
- Bring the load close to your body and lift in a slow, even motion.
- Don't twist your body. If you must turn, move your feet.
- Keep your back straight when putting down the load.
If you have any questions, contact the Waino Wahtera Center for Student Success at firstname.lastname@example.org or 906-487-3558.