Student Leadership and Involvement

Student Organization Travel

Travel By Personal Vehicle

Organizational members traveling in personal vehicles are subject to the insurance limits carried by the car owner’s auto insurance. The individual driver is responsible for the insurance coverage and passengers should make sure that there is adequate insurance coverage on the vehicle. The University does not provide any coverage for vehicles not owned by the University. 

Husky Motors Vehicle Rental

If a student organization uses a university vehicle, the auto insurance is provided by Michigan Tech. To use a University Vehicle please complete the following:

The use of any University vehicle is restricted to the conduct of official University business, and any use for personal business or pleasure is prohibited. Carefully review and approve the request for assignment of a University vehicle to students or guests in order that such drivers may be protected under the provisions of the University liability insurance.

Please Note

  • Drivers of 12 and 15 passenger vans must complete the on-line Van certification training program. The training must be completed at least 72 hours prior to travel.
  • Occupancy for 15 passenger vans is limited to ten (10) occupants, including the driver, for travel outside a 100 mile radius of the campus, and at least 2 occupants must be van certified.