Last updated: August 15, 2021
Will Registered Student Organization meetings and/or events be canceled?
- All group gatherings and events are allowed to proceed in accordance with all university,
local, state, and federal guidelines.
- To learn more about Michigan Tech's response to COVID-19, visit mtu.edu/flex
- Behavior and operations at Michigan Tech are guided by our Health and Safety Levels. These levels provide us with the agility to respond to COVID-19 on campus and in the local community in real time with scientifically informed, practical, and targeted steps.
- If you decide to cancel/postpone your events:
- If you have a reservation on campus, please make sure to cancel it.
- If your event is posted publicly, especially on Involvement Link, please make sure to update/delete it.
- If you decide to virtualize your event, please read below for some helpful tips.
Is the University restricting international or domestic travel for Registered Student Organizations?
Some of my Registered Student Organization members will not be returning to campus, will we be able to continue our operations?
- SLI recommends that you communicate with your members to see what their preferred format is for staying connected - both in-person and virtually.
- Take time to consider what operations are essential/non-essential for your RSO to
continue to operate and identify which meetings/events can be canceled/postponed or
- SLI recommends that you practice the recommended guidelines from the CDC regarding all social interaction.
How can my Registered Student Organization virtualize our event?
- If your RSO decides to virtualize your events, here is additional information about options:
One of my Registered Student Organization members is demonstrating symptoms of COVID-19. What should we do?
- The member who is feeling ill should seek medical care right away. Call ahead and inform them about any recent travel and your symptoms before going to the emergency room at UP Health System Portage (906-483-1000), Aspirus Keweenaw Hospital (906-337-6500) or Upper Great Lakes Family Health Center-Houghton Clinic (906-483-1860, located in the SDC).
What is my Registered Student Organization supposed to do now?
- Communicate with your members
- Continuing to connect with members via text, phone, video chat, etc.
- Maintaining healthy relationships is important
- Continue to hold meetings and any other business that can be conducted virtually
- Review and update your RSO Involvement Link page
- Start planning and preparing for fall
- Work on planning and developing your organizational calendar for next semester
- Poll members to see what types of activities they’d like to see planned next semester
- Create and schedule events for next semester
- Update your RSO budget
- Work on your officer transition plans
- Review and update your constitution & bylaws
- Make sure to include all of your members in this process
- Organize and update files in document storage (Google Drive, etc.)
- Study and prepare for final exams
- For some fun activities that can be hosted digitally, click here
My Registered Student Organization has questions regarding their SAF budget from USG?
- If your RSO needs to be reimbursed, please fill out this form.
- If your RSO needs an advance of funds, please fill out this form.
- For an Opportunity or Reserve Fund Request fill out this form.
- If your RSO is looking for funding but you’re not sure which fund to request the money from or which form to fill out, visit this page for more information.
- If you are waiting on a check, please be patient as USG processes your requests.
- If you have any budget concerns or are experiencing impacts from the COVID-19 event policies, please fill out this form so that USG can look into next steps.
- Please call the Student Leadership and Involvement Office at 906-487-1963 if you have questions or need assistance.
My Registered Student Organization is expecting mail and packages, how will we get these?
- Mail will be retrieved daily and can be picked up in the Student Org Office - MUB 106.
- Checks coming from USG may be picked up in MUB 112.
- Your President & Treasurer will be notified by email.
- All packages for your organization can be picked up in SLI MUB 112.
If you, or your Registered Student Organization, have any additional questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.