An Afternoon on the Town
An Afternoon on the Town is a Michigan Tech event that invites local businesses/services to welcome our students and show them what they have to offer. Starting on campus, down College Avenue, and throughout the downtown Houghton area there will be music, refreshments, giveaways, and prizes for student participants.
Sponsored by: Student Activities, Orientation, Housing & Residential Life, and Orientation
All area businesses and non-profit organizations are invited to An Afternoon on the Town on Saturday, August 30, 2014 from
11:00 AM to 3:00 PM. Come prepared with information, materials, offers, deals, and handouts to let the college students know you are interested in their patronage.
In order to participate, please register online below. Payment confirmation (if applicable) and an event reminder will be sent out one week prior to the event.
- There is no registration fee.
- No alcohol promotions or alcohol advertisements please.
- Handouts, raffles, coupons, etc., are encouraged. It is okay to collect contact and mailing list information.
- You are asked to please refrain from selling any type of food or merchandise at your table.
If you would like to provide food samples please refer to this website for permits, rules and regulations set forth by the Health Department: http://www.wupdhd.org/download-forms/
- Please remember to respect noise ordinances.
- Each business is responsible for cleaning up their space after the event.
- Tables and chairs, if reserved by Monday, August 11 will be delivered to your location.
- The registration deadline is Monday, August 11, 2014 at 5:00 PM.
If you are a business or service located in downtown Houghton, this is what you need to know:
- You are encouraged to set up a table or have promotional materials outside your place of business.
- Although you already have a location, please register your business so that we can add you to our walking map.
If you are a business or service NOT located in downtown Houghton, this is what you need to know:
- We will designate a location for you to set up along our walking path.
- Reserve a table and chair if you will not be bringing your own. (See registration form for pricing.)
Online Registration is now closed.
Questions? Please contact Student Activities at email@example.com or call 906-487-1963.
See you at An Afternoon on the Town!