What is HuskyLEAD?
- HuskyLEAD, which is a leadership development series, stands for Leadership Education Accelerating Development. At Michigan Tech, we believe that leadership development is extremely important and essential for all of our students to truly make an impact on campus and society. This program encourages everyone from campus leaders and student organization officers, either aspiring and experienced, to elevate their leadership skills by learning the best techniques, tips, and tricks for not only the success of their organization but also for the real world.
What skills are built through participation in the HuskyLEAD Program?
Five different leadership competencies are stressed throughout the HuskyLEAD series. These competencies are:
- Self-Awareness: Part of strong leadership is learning about yourself – strengths, weaknesses, and personal values – and how to advance organizations and individuals using that self-knowledge.
- Teamwork: Cooperation and collaboration are important skills to learn as a leader. You will learn about how to use and navigate groups and teams to promote strong leadership.
- Communication: Leaders must understand the "how" and "why" behind communication in order to understand how others can best contribute, how to share information effectively with others, and how to send the desired message.
- Ethical Practices: The ethical practices of leaders are constantly challenged. Leaders must stay congruent with ethical principles and practices and the value of affecting others lives positively.
- Social Responsibility: As leaders, one of our goals is to understand our roles as members of multiple communities and how we can better the lives of those in those communities through direct and/or indirect involvement.
Check Back Here for the Fall 2015 Schedule.