David M. Labyak
- EERC 310
- Assistant Professor, Manufacturing and Mechanical Engineering Technology
- PhD, Mechanical Engineering-Engineering Mechanics, Michigan Technological University
- MS, Mechanical Engineering, Michigan Technological University
David Labyak has 25 years of experience in the automotive, mining, aerospace, and engineering consulting industries. He is a board member and hockey coach for the Copper Country Junior Hockey Association.
- Biomechanics—Solid Mechanics
- Head Impacts
- Helmet Performance and Design
- Solid Mechanics
- Finite Element Analysis and Vibration Analysis
- Understanding football helmet design and performance.
- Solid mechanics and finite element analysis methods.
- Helping student groups (such as Baha and Clean Snowmobile) with design and analysis of components.
- Vibration analysis.
- Shock analysis methods.
- Youth Hockey Coaching Do’s and Don’ts.