Step 1: Create a CITI account
Skip this step if you already have a CITI account. Login with your existing ID and password and go to Step 2.
Navigate to the CITI web page and create an account to log in. Login Instructions:
- Click on the "Register" button to create a new account.
- Under "Participating Institutions", select Michigan Technological University, in the drop down box (then submit).
- Create your own username and password (then submit).
- Enter your first name, last name, and preferred email address (then submit).
- Please provide the requested information (then submit)
- Now you can choose your CITI Curriculum.
After completing the registration process, users are now setup as CITI Learners under their University set-up requirements.
Step 2: Select CITI Course Curriculum
Select the appropriate course curriculum to complete as described below.
The training courses offered by Michigan Technological University are grouped into five categories. Select courses from these categories that are related to your research and training objectives. If you are engaged in multidisciplinary research you may need to select courses from more than one category.
- Human Subjects Research,
- Responsible Conduct of Research,
- Animal Research,
- Biosafety / Biosecurity,
- Conflicts of Interest / Export Control
Step 3: Skip through question 1-4 and select question 5 as shown below:
Select Conflict of Interest
Click "Submit" at the bottom of the page.
Step 4: Complete CITI Course Curriculum
The main menu will now list the courses selected. Complete the Conflict of Interest course. Note that your progress may be saved, and the modules do not need to be completed at the same time. If you have previously completed a CITI course, you will receive credit for any modules completed in a different course.