Identify and recommend up to two search firms that will promote the position posting, screen the applications, conduct due diligence and background checks, and evaluate qualified candidates.
Draft a comprehensive position profile as defined by the strategic plan and input from the university community.
Recommend two to four semifinal candidates to the full Board of Trustees who will then select the next president of Michigan Tech.
Initiator: Chair of the Board of Trustees
- Three Faculty
- Two Professional Staff
- One Academic Administrator
- One Graduate Student
- One Undergraduate Student
- One Alumni/Community Member
- One Member appointed by the Chair of the Board of Trustees
- Four Board of Trustees members
Committee Completion Date: March 2018
- Interview and recommend up to two search firms through an RFP process
- Develop a position description guided by the search firm consultant for the Board of Trustees review and approval.
- Work with the search firm consultant to launch the search (posting, advertising, etc.).
- Support the search firm consultant in recruiting a diverse pool of candidates.
- Work with the search firm consultant to search and screen for appropriate candidates.
- Evaluate nominations and applications.
- Interview selected candidates
- Provide a slate of two to four Presidential semifinal candidates for the full Board of Trustees' consideration.
Professional Staff Support: Vice President for Administration, non-voting Ex-Officio member.