Our faculty works is at the forefront of research. They regularly author and contribute to a major publications in their fields—throughout their careers including their tenures at Michigan Tech. Select a faculty member to view some of the most recent publications.
- Y. Cai. and T. Arney, "Using Case Studies to Teach Cybersecurity Courses," Journal of Cybersecurity Education, Research and Practice, 2018.
- Y. Cai and T. Arney, "Scripting for Administration, Automation and Security," Proceedings of the 19th ACM Conference on Information Technology Education (SIGITE), Fort Lauderdale, FL, Oct. 2018.
- Y. Cai and T. Arney, "Cybersecurity Should be Taught Top-Down and Case-Driven," Proceedings of the 18th ACM Conference on Information Technology Education (SIGITE), Rochester, NY, Oct. 2017.
- Y. Cai, "A Virtual Machine Placement Algorithm with Energy-efficiency in Cloud Computing", International Journal of Green Computing (IJGC), vol.8, no.2, 2017.
Guy C. Hembroff
- Wang, X., Hembroff, G. C., Bai, Y., 2013 USENIX Summit for Educators in System Administration (SESA ’13), “ITSEED: Development of Instructional Laboratories for IT Security Education” USENIX, the Advanced Computing Systems Association, Washington, D.C., USA. (November 5, 2013)
- Levin, E., Hembroff, G. C. (2012). Open photogrammetry concept of open-source free collaborative framework (1st ed., vol. 1, pp. 125-137). Novosibirsk: VIII International Scientific Congress Geo-Siberia 2012.
- Gao, C., Hembroff, G. C. (2012). “Implications of Modified Waterfall Model to the Roles and Education of Health IT Professionals.” 7th IFIP/IEEE International Workshop on Business-driven IT Management 2012.
- Wang, X., Hembroff, G. C., Cerier, A. B., Perrault, B. W. (2011). “Introducing cloud computing with a senior design project in undergraduate education of computer system and network administration.” Proceedings of the 2011 ACM conference on Information Technology Education, SIGITE’11 (pp. 177-182). New York, NY: ACM.
- Hembroff, G. C. , ACM USENIX HealthSec 2011, “Providing an additional factor for patient identification based on digital fingerprint” Usenix, San Francisco. (August 2011).
- Zhou, Huiyu, Huosheng Hu, Honghai Liu, Jinshan Tang. In press. Classification of Upper Limb Motion Trajectories Using Shape Features, IEEE Transaction on System, Man, and Cybernetics, Part C (In Press).
- Tang, Jinshan, Xiaoming Liu, Huaining Cheng, and K. M. Robinette. 2011. Gender Recognition Using 3-D Human Body Shapes, IEEE Transaction on System, Man, and Cybertics, Part C, Vol. 41, No. 6, pp. 898-908.
- Tang, Jinshan, Raj Rangayyan,Yongyi Yang, I. El Naqa, Jun Xu. 2009. Computer Aided Breast Cancer Detection and Diagnosis Using Mammography: Recent Advance, IEEE Transactions on Information Technology in Biomedicine, Vol. 13, No. 2, pp. 236-251.
- Tang, Jinshan, Xiaoming Liu, Qingling Sun. 2009. An Direct Image Contrast Enhancement Algorithm Based on Wavelet Transform for Screening Mammograms, IEEE Journal on Selected Topics in Signal Processing,Vol. 3, No. 1, pp. 74-80.
- Tang, Jinshan. 2009. A Multi-direction GVF Snake for the Segmentation of Skin Cancer Images, Pattern Recognition, Vol. 42, No. 6, pp. 1172-1179.
- Xu, Jun, Yong-Yan Cao, Youxian Sun and Jinshan Tang. 2008. Absolute Exponential Stability of Recurrent Neural Networks with Generalized Activation Function, IEEE Transaction on Neural Network, Vol. 19, No. 6, pp. 1075-1089.
- Tang, Jinshan, Garry Choy, Peter Choyke. 2006. Dynamic Contrast Enhanced MRI Predicts Early Response to Tumor Necrosis Factor in a Colon Carcinoma Model, Investigative Radiology, Vol. 41, No. 9.
- Tang, Jinshan, Steven Millington, Scott Acton, Jeff Crandall and Shepard Hurwitz. 2006. Surface Extraction and Thickness Measurement of the Articular Cartilage from MR Images Using Directional Gradient Vector Flow Snake, IEEE Tr. on Biomedical Engineering, Vol. 52, No. 5.
- Goobic, Adam P., Jinshan Tang, and Scott T. Acton. 2005. Image Stabilization and Registration for Tracking Cells in the Microvasculature, IEEE Tr. on Biomedical Engineering, Vol. 52, No. 2.
- Tang, Jinshan, and Scott T. Acton. 2004. Vessel Boundary Tracking for Intravital Microscopy Via Multi-scale Gradient Vector Flow Snakes, IEEE Tr. on Biomedical Engineering, Vol. 51, No. 2.
- Tang, Jinshan, J. Kim and Eli Peli. 2004. Image Enhancement in the JPEG Domain for People With Vision Impairment, IEEE Tr. on Biomedical Engineering, Vol. 51, No.11, pp. 2013-2023.
- Sun, Qingling, John A. Hossack, Jinshan Tang, Scott Acton. 2004. Speckel Reducing Anisotropic Diffusion for 3D Ultrasound Images, Computerized Medical Imaging and Graphics, Elsevier Science, Vol. 28, pp. 461-470, Dec. 2004.
- Tang, Jinshan, Eli Peli, Scott Acton. 2003. Image Enhancement Using a Contrast Measure in the Compressed Domain, IEEE Signal Processing Letters, Vol. 10, No. 10.