John K. Gershenson
- MEEM 1022
Professor, Mechanical Engineering–Engineering Mechanics
Peace Corps Master's International Coordinator
- PhD, University of Idaho
Dr. Gershenson performs research in the area of life-cycle engineering. Specific research interests include: life-cycle design, environmentally conscious design, design for manufacturability, decision-based design, modular product design, industrial ecology, agile manufacturing processes, design for post-manufacturing issues, lean manufacturing, and lean product development.
Links of Interest
Areas of Expertise
- Life-Cycle Engineering
- Modular Product Architecture
- Lean Engineering
- Sustainable Product Design
- Life-cycle design
- Modular product and process architectures
- Sustainable product/process design
- Lean manufacturing
- Lean engineering
- Design for post-manufacturing issues
- Mechanisms of innovation
- Gershenson, John, Ye, X., 2009, "Focused Product Family Design Based on the Commonality and Variety Tradeoff," International Journal of Mass Customisation, Vol. 3, No. 2, pp. 179-207.
- Gershenson, John, Ye, X., Thevenot, H., Alizon, F., Khadke, K., Simpson, T.W., and Shooter, S., 2009, "Using Product Family Evaluation Graphs in Product Family Design," International Journal of Production Research, Vol. 47, No. 13, pp. 3559-3585.
- Gershenson, John, Ye, X., Thevenot, H.J., Alizon, F., Khadke, K., Simpson, T.W., and Shooter, S.B., 2008, "Attribute-based Clustering Methodology for Product Family Design," Journal of Engineering Design, Vol. 19, No. 6, pp. 571-586.
- Gershenson, John, Lai, X., 2008, "Representation of Similarity and Dependency for Assembly Modularity,” The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, Volume 37, Numbers 7-8, pp. 803-827.
- Gershenson, John, Alizon, Fabrice, Thevenot, Henri J., Marion, Tucker J., Shooter, Steven B., Simpson, Timothy W., 2007, "Frameworks for Product Family Design and Development," Concurrent Engineering, Vol. 15, No. 2, pp. 187-199.
- Gershenson, John, Guo, Fang, 2007, "Discovering Relationships between Modularity and Cost," Journal of Intelligent Manufacturing, Vol. 18, No. 1, pp. 143-157.
- Gershenson, John, Khadke, K., 2007, "Technology-Driven Product Platform Development," International Journal of Product Development, Special Issue on Innovative Concepts in the Perspective of maximizing the Utilization Rate and Value of Durable Goods, Vol. 6, No. 3-4, pp. 353-374.
- Gershenson, John, Clarke, A., 2007, "Life-cycle Design."