Annual ILLiad Transaction History Removal
The Van Pelt and Opie Library is dedicated to protecting the privacy of its patrons and their library activities. In early January, the Resource Sharing team will conduct an annual “delinking” process in which user data is separated from all inactive (cancelled or finished) ILLiad requests that are more than one year old. (All active requests including Received Articles, Checked Out Items, and Outstanding Requests, as well as finished requests from the past year will remain visible in your ILLiad account.) This process ensures patron privacy by removing all Personally Identifiable Information (PII) from your “Request Finished” transactions. Interlibrary loan request history will no longer be discoverable based on your user profile.
Once delinked, transactions will no longer be visible in your ILLiad account, History of Requests or All Requests views. Patrons who wish to save a brief record (title/author/journal) of their ILLiad request history can do so by following the instructions below.
To save your requests, follow these simple steps:
- Login to your ILLiad account
- Click on View > History of Requests or All Requests on the left
- Highlight the fields from “Transaction number” to “Status Date” and drag down to highlight your entire list
- Right click to copy to Google Sheet or Excel worksheet
- Click on first cell in your spreadsheet, then right click to paste, choosing “paste all except borders”
- Adjust your columns to the desired widths, save your file
NOTE: although the transaction number saved may appear as a link, the link is no longer
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com