Fees & Billing—Study Abroad
Expected Student Expenses
The following expenses will vary by program and will be included on your Michigan Tech tuition bill:
- Tuition and fees (all programs): partner program or Michigan Tech tuition and fees.
- Michigan Tech Study Abroad Administration fee ($350). The fee is non-refundable and cannot be credited toward tuition or any other fees.
- Housing deposit (if applicable)
- Housing fees (if applicable)
NOTE: billing for tuition, housing deposit and fees varies by program.
In addition to the tuition and program fee, students should plan for the following expenses NOT INCLUDED:
- ISIC card (international identification card)
- Passport - if you do not hold a valid passport, please apply for one at this time.
- Local transportation costs - varied depending on how much you travel.
- Meals (except for those included in program fee).
- Personal expenses and incidental.
- Room and board (varies by program).
- Optional week-long field trip.
- Field study course.
Students should keep in mind that personal preferences regarding food, transportation/travel, entertainment and desired accommodations all affect the total cost of your program. Students are responsible for informing themselves and for planning a workable budget - the International Programs and Services Office will assist in every way possible to ensure a successful and rewarding study abroad experience.
- Fees will be added to your Michigan Tech tuition bill. Follow the payment schedule set by Michigan Tech.
- Changes to your program will require the International Programs and Services Office to make adjustments to your Michigan Tech tuition bill. This may result in your owing additional fees or receiving a credit to your account; this may occur after you pay your Michigan Tech tuition bill. You will be notified of such changes.
NOTE: As a student, you pay tuition for your study abroad session through your home university (Michigan Tech), not directly to USAC, ISA, JCMU, etc. Please disregard any notices regarding payment requests and follow the payment schedule set by Michigan Tech.
*USAC, ISA, JCMU, Curtin University, and Kingston University are a few of the partner programs offered by Michigan Tech. Items included in tuition and fees vary by program.