How to Apply for Studying Abroad
After you've identified your program and host university, your next step is to fill out an application with Michigan Tech. The steps below will guide you through the application process. All recommendations must be received by International Programs and Services (IPS) before decision can be made.
If you have any questions, please contact IPS:
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 487-2160
- International Programs and Services: Administration Building, Room 200
For all Michigan Tech Study Abroad applications, submit the following items to the International Programs and Services (IPS) by the appropriate semester deadline.
- Michigan Tech Study Abroad Application (Web Form)
- Illegal Drug Use Policy and Waiver of Liability and Hold Harmless Agreement (Web Form).
- Medical Information and Liability (Web Form).
- Faculty/Advisor Recommendation(Returned by Faculty/Academic Advisor) Two (2) recommendations are needed.
- Course Planning Sheet (Complete the student section, get signatures from your advisor, and return to the IPS office.)
Apply to your host school, e.g.: USAC, ISA, JCMU, University of Strathclyde, etc. after being accepted by Michigan Tech Study Abroad. Not applicable for Michigan Tech faculty-led programs.