Annual Tuition and Fees
|2016-2017 Undergraduate Student Expenses|
|Academic Year (Two Semesters)||One Semester|
|Room and Board2||10,105||5,053|
|Estimated Books and Supplies||1,200||600|
|Required Fees 4||300||150|
|Surcharge (all international students, excluding summer semester)||400||200|
Tuition and fees are based upon the costs for the 2016-2017 Academic Year and are subject to change without notice upon approval of the Michigan Tech Board of Trustees.
1. Tuition costs are based on students taking 12-18 credits per semester. If you are coming as a reciprocal exchange student, your home university may cover tuition costs. Students attending over summer semesters will be charged on a per-credit rate.
2. Room and Board rates vary depending on hall assignment and meal plan selection. Please visit: Housing for specific room and board rates.
3. All international students are required to have health insurance while enrolled at Michigan Tech. Students are not required to purchase the Michigan Tech health insurance policy if they provide proof of comparable coverage from their home country.
4. Required fees per semester include:
- Fall and Spring Activity Fee - $60.00
- Fall and Spring Experience Tech Fee - $90.00 (not assessed in summer)
5. Orientation fee is a one-time charge. First-Year, and students transferring with less than 30 credits will be charged $250; exchange students and students transferring more than 30 credits will be charged $75.
Graduate Student Expenses—International
If you are a current or prospective international graduate student, expenses can be found here.
Many of the above figures are estimates and will vary depending upon your lifestyle, courses chosen, and various other factors. It might be wise to add 5-10% to estimated costs—such as room and board and personal needs and housing—to provide a cushion for unexpected events. These costs do not include travel to and from your destination.