- EERC 611
- Assistant Professor, Electrical and Computer Engineering
- PhD, Electrical Engineering, Michigan State University
- BS, Electrical Engineering, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China
Yunting Liu received a BS degree in electrical engineering from Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China, in 2013, and a PhD degree in electrical engineering from Michigan State University, Michigan, USA, in 2019.
In 2019, She joined University of Tennessee, Knoxville, as Post-Doctoral Research Associate. From 2021, she joined Michigan Technological University, Houghton, USA, as an Assistant Professor. Her research interests include modular multilevel converter, renewable energy integration, and power converter aging analysis.
Links of Interest
Areas of Interest
- Power Electronics
- Renewable energy integration
- Converter aging and reliability
- Energy storage, supercapacitor, battery
- Power Systems
- Distributed energy resources
- Residential solar systems
- J. Dong, L. Zhu, Q. Dong, P. Kritprajun, Y. Liu, Y. Liu, L. M. Tolbert, J. C. Hambrick, Y. Xue, T. B. Ollis, B. P. Bhattarai, K. Schneider, S. Laval, “Integrating Transactive Energy into Reliability Evaluation for a Self-healing Distribution System with Microgrid,” in IEEE Transactions on Sustainable Energy, accepted, 2021.
- T. Short, S. Wang, L. M. Tolbert, J. Wang, Y. Ma, Y. Liu, and F. Wang “Primary Frequency Control Using Motor Drives for Short Term Grid Disturbances,” in IEEE Open Journal of Industry Applications, accepted, 2021.
- Y. Liu, L. M. Tolbert, P. Kritprajun, J. Dong, L. Zhu, J. Hambrick, K. P. Schneider, and K. Prabakar, “Aging Effect Analysis of PV Inverter Semiconductors for Ancillary Services Support,” in IEEE Open Journal of Industry Applications, vol. 1, pp. 157-170, 2020.
- EE 3120 Electric Energy Systems