What is SWEAT?
SWEAT is a wellness program designed to assist you in getting and staying active! It is part of a comprehensive wellness initiative for benefits-eligible employees at Michigan Tech.
How does it work?
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up for the weekly Employee Wellness newsletter and receive information about the latest happenings.
What are my options through SWEAT?
- Each spring, SWEAT teams up with the Personal Training class in the Kinesiology and Integrative Physiology department to offer personal training with a student trainer and a 6-week SDC membership. After completion, receive a 25% off coupon to use toward an SDC membership or HuskiesFit punch-card. One per eligible employee and subject to availability. Subscribe to the Employee Wellness newsletter for up-to-date information.
- Meet with the SWEAT Coordinator to discuss your goals and create a workout program for you to do on your own.
- Participate in a wellness challenge to help you get active, lose weight, or meet people.
- Check out the resources for a listing of local groups and facilities to keep your fitness fresh.
- Options may change per semester.
Have an idea for a group activity?
Setting it up is as easy as 1-2-3.
- Contact the SWEAT Coordinator. If there is interest, the coordinator will help you find a space and time for the activity and will manage the calendar.
- Commit to showing up! Depending on the activity, as the Group Leader you will be responsible for bringing a laptop/DVDs, sports equipment, etc. and setting up the workout.
- Have fun and enjoying being active with others!
Meet your SWEAT Coordinator
Shannon Brodeur earned her bachelor’s degree from Northern Michigan University and is certified as a personal trainer and a health and wellness coach. She serves on several health and wellness committees at Michigan Tech and is passionate about bringing the joy of physical activity to all individuals. Shannon adheres to a Body Positive philosophy of self-acceptance and finding physical activities that feel good to the individual. She believes in empowering people with practical tools, inspiration, and support to find their own way to lasting good health. She enjoys a variety of activities including hiking, kayaking, and snowshoeing with friends and family, as well as staying current on the latest information on employee wellness.