Graduate School Negotiated Agreements
Michigan Tech has negotiated agreements with the institutions listed below. Contact the Graduate School for more information.
International Dual Degree Agreements
Michigan Tech participates in two dual graduate degree programs with partner universities enabling students to receive two degrees, one from each institution participating in the agreement, upon completion of the intended course of study.
- International Geological Master's in Volcanology and Geotechniques (INVOGE)
International Exchange Agreements
Michigan Tech supports a wide variety of programs that allow domestic students to spend a semester at an international University or for international students to spend a semester at Michigan Tech. Currently there are exchange agreements facilitated with the following schools:
- Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey (Mexico)
- Norwegian University of Science and Technology (Norway)
- Oslo and Akershus University College of Applied Sciences (Norway)
International Incoming Students Only Agreements
Michigan Tech partners with the following schools for incoming students to complete their graduate education at Michigan Tech.
- Beijing Normal University (China)
- China University of Petroleum, Beijing (China)
- Chung Yuan Christian University (Taiwan)
- Vidya Pratishthan College of Engineering (India)
Michigan Tech currently partners with a variety of other institutions to enhance and expand opportunities for graduate education. These opportunities include distance learning, exchange and transfer of credits, options for transferring in "graduate option" credits, joint support, and research arrangements. A partial list of partnered schools is below. Contact the Graduate School for more information.
- Southern University A&M College—student exchange program
- Kettering University—joint support and research
- Central Michigan University - student exchange program
- MIGS—Michigan Graduate Schools transfer of credits
- Universidad Interamericana de Puerto Rico (Puerto Rico) -Incoming faculty only
Michigan Tech has agreements with corporations to provide graduate education, generally through a combination of distance learning classes and research at Michigan Tech or at the corporation. Interested students should contact their company or the Graduate School for more information.