Theses and Dissertations Policy
Graduate students enrolled in a master’s program (thesis or report option) or doctoral program will submit a dissertation, thesis, or report in partial fulfillment of their degree requirements. The dissertation, thesis, or report will be:
- a written description of the original research carried out by the student during their graduate program.
- formatted and submitted following the current procedures, as published by the Graduate School.
- digitally archived by the J.R. Van Pelt and Opie Library.
The Graduate School procedures will be reviewed by Graduate School staff as needed at the request of the Graduate Faculty Council, Graduate Student Government, or Graduate School, and changes will be forwarded to the Graduate Faculty Council for approval before adoption.
In support of this policy there are required procedures for:
- Summer 2015: Revisions approved by Graduate Faculty Council (3/24/2015) and Senate (4/1/2015)
- Procedures revised and approved by the Senate (9/26/2012) and administration (10/10/2012) - Proposal 16-12
- Procedures approved by the Senate (4/14/2010) and administration (4/21/2010) - Proposal 25-10
- Fall 2009: Revisions approved by Graduate Faculty Council (10/06/2009) and Graduate Student Government (10/26/2009)
- 06/23/2008: Based on past practice