Health Insurance Forms and Information
Who is required to have health insurance?
All enrolled graduate students, with the exception of off campus students, must have health insurance.
- Unsupported students must have the unsupported graduates plan or comparable coverage during any terms in which they are enrolled. They may opt to purchase a 12-month plan.
- Supported students must have the supported graduate plan or comparable coverage through the end of the policy year (generally mid-August). Supported students may not opt to purchase a partial year of insurance.
- Michigan Tech Student Insurance Office—The Student Insurance office has links to the most current forms and policies. Please visit their page to find this information.
- Before you may pay your tuition bill and/or confirm your enrollment, you must meet the insurance requirement. A hold has been placed on your university account and will be removed upon completion of this requirement.
- Students are to make any insurance payments on-line through MyMichiganTech. As of Fall 2015, the Cashier's Office will no longer accept student insurance payments.
- Questions?—Contact the Student Insurance office