The 2021 Design Expo will continue as a virtual event that includes a digital gallery of student-created videos that showcase their project work.
Judges will be able to view and evaluate team videos remotely over a four-day period (April 12-15) using an electronic ballot sent out via email and/or text message. See the Judge and Guest Resources List in the right-hand margin of this page for a sample of the video judging criteria. Judging usually takes about an hour, depending on the number of volunteers.
Calling all judges! We are in need of individuals to serve as distinguished Design Expo judges.
Who should judge?
- Community members
- Michigan Tech faculty and staff
- Alumni interested in seeing what today's undergraduate students are accomplishing as undergrads
- Those looking to network with Michigan Tech faculty and students
- Industry representatives interested in sponsoring a future project
- Anyone with an interest in supporting our students as they engage in hands-on, discovery-based learning
In order to be considered as a judge, please commit to
- Attend Design Expo between 11:30 AM - 12:30 PM during the Judging Hour on April 15, 2021 to visit assigned teams via RocketJudge
- Review and score assigned team videos via RocketJudge prior to the start of Design Expo, April 12-15, 2021.
Judges will be selected based on the availability to attend Design Expo during the synchronous event starting at 11:30 AM. Judges will be assigned 3-5 teams to view and evaluate team videos over a four-day period (April 12-15) using an electronic ballot sent via email and/or text message. Judges will then judge the same 3-5 teams during the synchronous events 11:30-1:30PM. There will be a designated judging hour 11:30 AM - 12:30 PM, but judges may continue scoring teams 12:30 - 1:30 PM.
We hope you will virtually join us at 21th Anniversary Design Expo. Whether a judge or simply a virtual guest, Your involvement in the event is greatly valued by our student teams and makes a valuable contribution to their education!