The English Language Institute provides an editing service to all members of the campus community. Our copy-editing service (grammar, spelling, punctuation, flow, readability) is ideal for when quick turnaround is needed.
If you have a piece of writing that you would like to have edited, please follow the instructions below.
Request Editing Services
Submit your Writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit your writing (preferably in Microsoft Word) along with a request for services to email@example.com.
- Include the Date and Time the service needs to be completed by and the type of services you are requesting:
a. Editing Only
b. Editing plus a face-to-face revision conference
Receive the Estimate
- The editor will perform a free sample edit. They will then respond with an estimate of the hours needed to edit the complete document and discuss the revision if requested.
Visit the ELI Store
- When you receive this estimate, visit the ELI store front and enter this estimated number of hours in the "Quantity" box.
Complete the Order
- Completing the order will place your credit card number on hold, but it will not be charged until after services are completed.
If the number of hours needed changes
- If the number of hours needed changes, the editor will inform you of the change and discuss what you wish to do.
Receive an Invoice (Cost: $25/hour)
- After the final meeting or editing is complete, you will receive an invoice for the total number of hours that were spent on the project. This is when your credit card will finally be processed.