English Language Institute (ELI)

Housing and Health Information


On campus housing is available to ESL students through the university housing office. Students have different housing options at Tech. To live on campus a student needs to submit an on-campus housing application and sign a contract.

To live in the dormitory during breaks and in the summer, students need to let their Resident Assistant (RA) know that they intend to stay.

On campus apartment living is available to qualified students at Daniell Heights. For more information, click here.


All ESL students are required to have health insurance throughout their enrollment at Michigan Tech. Health insurance payments can be made by signing on to the Michigan Tech Student Information System in BanWeb or through a student’s MyMichiganTech account.

The nearest health care provider is The Portage Health University Center—it is located on the Michigan Tech campus next-door to the Student Development Complex on MacInnes Drive.

Counseling services are available through university counseling. Appointments may be made by calling 906-487-2538 during regular office hours Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. A counselor is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Counseling Services is located on the third floor of the Administration and Student Services building.