Purpose: Initiate an informed, university-wide supported, and consistent conversation (#MTUStepsUP) that creates an athlete driven campaign where making legal, healthy, appropriate, and safe choices about alcohol become the socially-accepted norm.
NCAA CHOICES Promo Video 2016 - 17
NCAA CHOICES 2017-18
- Connect alcohol awareness to understanding about the effects of drinking to performance and overall health
- Turn Commitment into institutional investments and actions
- Transform athlete confidence into role modeling
How will this be done?
- Compliance Meetings (coaches and individual teams)
- SAAC Meetings and Focus Groups
- Coaches give SAAC representative space and time to report out from SAAC Meetings
- Social Media
- Event Promotion at athletic events
- Peer-to-peer mentoring
- Professional Speakers
- Collaborating and informing university partners, such as the President's Council on Health, Wellness, and Mindfulness
- Ask questions
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stay Involved
- Keep the conversation going (#MTUstepsUP)
What has been done already?
- Student athletes have attended the APPLE conference at the University of Virginia