Counseling Services
Also in this section

Parent Frequently Asked Questions

Can I make an appointment for my son or daughter?
No. Only the student seeking services is able to make an appointment.

Can I access my son or daughter’s counseling records?
No. All Counseling Services records are kept confidential. Student records can only be released to a third party with the student’s written consent, except under extenuating circumstances outlined in the confidentiality policy.

What kind of issues do students come to Counseling Services to get help with?
Students come to Counseling Services for a wide variety of reasons. Many of our students have a specific concern they are seeking services for such as depression, anxiety, and eating concerns to name a few. Students additionally seek services to address academic difficulties such as time management concerns, test anxiety or difficulty with concentration. Some students experience difficulty adjusting to college life or encounter conflicts with roommates or their parents. Your son or daughter can contact our office directly if they are unsure if counseling is right for them.

What if I have a concern about my son or daughter?
If you have concerns about your son or daughter, you can refer them to our office. If the student is unwilling to contact our office and you are concerned about their safety or well-being use the Report a Concern tool to report your concerns. 

If it is an emergency involving physical harm or a threat to life, call Public Safety at 906-487-2216 or dial 911 (if you are out of the area dial 866-411-0018 to reach Negaunee Central Dispatch).

In cases of psychological emergencies during business hours, call either Counseling Services at 906-487-2538 or Public Safety. During non-business hours contact Public Safety directly.