- Adjunct Assistant Professor, Chemistry
- Postdoctoral, Brookhaven National Laboratory, Chemistry Department, New York
- Postdoctoral, Fritz Haber Institute, Max Plank Society, Berlin, Germany
- PhD, Physical Chemistry, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- Understanding the elemental chemical processes on simple model surfaces under pristine
- Synthesis of metal and oxide nanoparticles deposited on novel film oxides, and their
multi-technique characterization by photoelectron and infrared spectroscopies and
scanning probe microscopy, in combination with theoretical models
- “The Role of Ceria in Oxidative Dehydrogenation on Supported Vanadia Catalysts” MV
Ganduglia-Pirovano, C Popa, J Sauer, H Abbott, A Uhl, M Baron, D Stacchiola, O Bondarchuk,
S Shaikhutdinov, HJ Freund, J. Am. Chem. Soc. In press. Read More
- “One-dimensional supramolecular surface structures: 1,4- diisocyanobenzene on Au(111)
surfaces”, JA Boscoboinik, FC Calaza, Z Habeeb, DW Bennett, DJ Stacchiola, MA Purino,
WT Tysoe, ACS Nano. In press.
- “Coverage Effects on the Palladium-catalyzed Synthesis of Vinyl Acetate: Comparison
Between Theory and Experiment”, F Calaza, D Stacchiola, M Neurock, WT Tysoe, J. Am.
Chem. Soc. In press. Read More
- “Gold, Copper, and Platinum Nanoparticles Dispersed on CeOx/TiO2(110) Surfaces: High
Water-Gas Shift Activity and the Nature of the Mixed-Metal Oxide at the Nanometer
Level”, JB Park, J Graciani, J Evans, D Stacchiola, SD Senanayake, L Barrio, P Liu,
JF. Sanz, J Hrbek, JA Rodriguez, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 132, 356–363. 2010. Read More
- “Water-Gas Shift Reaction on a Highly Active Inverse CeOx/Cu(111) Catalyst: Unique
Role of Ceria Nanoparticles”, JA Rodriguez, J Graciani, J Evans, JB Park, F Yang,
D Stacchiola, SD Senanayake, S Ma, M Perez, P Liu, JF Sanz, J Hrbek, Angew. Chem.
Int. Ed 48, 8047 – 8050. 2009. Read More
- “Interaction of CO with OH on Au(111): HCOO, CO3 and HOCO as Key Intermediates in
the Water-Gas Shift Reaction”, S Senanayake, D Stacchiola, P Liu, CB Mullins, J Hrbek,
J Rodriguez J. Phys. Chem. C 113, 19536–19544. 2009.Read More
- “Resolving the Atomic Structure of Vanadia Monolayer Catalysts: Monomers, Trimers
and Oligomers on Ceria”, M Baron, H Abbott, O Bondarchuk, D Stacchiola, A Uhl, S Shaikhutdinov,HJ
Freund, C Popa, MV Ganduglia-Pirovano, J Sauer, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed 48, 8006 - 8009.
2009. Read More