Michael T. Drewyor, PE, PS
- Dow 861
- Professor of Practice, Construction Management
- Roland A. Mariucci Professor of Practice, Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Faculty Advisor: Associated Schools of Construction (ASC); Men's Club Ice Hockey Team (Wolfpack) and Roller Hockey Team
- MS, Civil Engineering, Michigan Technological University, 1972
- BS, Civil Engineering, Michigan Technological University, 1972
Mike Drewyor is a Professor of Practice in the Construction Management, and the Roland A. Mariucci Professor of Practice in Civil and Environmental Engineering at Michigan Tech.
Drewyor’s 37 years of private practice experience in industry, consulting engineering and surveying help to provide a real world approach in the classroom to building design and engineering. He is comfortable working with all aspects of commercial building design and construction based on his extensive experience with that type of construction.
As an owner and partner in private practice at Hitch, Inc., he was in charge of all of the surveying work as well. Hitch provided all types of topographic and boundary surveying services for private, industrial and government clients. Hitch provided plats, individual boundary surveys, remonumentation work for Houghton County and MDOT, contractor staking with MDOT and tax maps for municipal units.
He taught surveying and photogrammetry in the Civil Engineering Department in the mid 1970’s and also taught some structural engineering classes as a graduate assistant. He has been teaching part time since Fall of 2007 in both the Civil Engineering and Construction Management (CMG) programs. Most of his current teaching work has been with the Senior Design (capstone) classes. His main objective in these capstone classes has been to prepare the students to step out of academia and into the working world. He has also traveled to South and Central America as an Instructor/Mentor with International Senior Design (idesign) classes from Michigan Tech the last five summers.
Since working with the CMG program here at Michigan Tech, he has taken on the role of advisor for the Associated Schools of Construction (ASC) team estimating competition held each fall in suburban Chicago, IL.
He started full time in January of 2012 as a Professor of Practice in Construction Management and continues teaching in the Civil and Environmental Engineering Department as well.
Drewyor’s other activities include advising the men’s ice and roller hockey teams and he continues to play ice hockey and officiate as well.
- Estimating software and automating
- Structural steel, concrete, masonry and timber
- Project delivery systems
- Construction estimating
- Project delivery systems
- Building construction methods and materials
- Building utility systems
- Structural design -- steel, concrete, masonry, timber
- Senior design (capstone classes)
- Professional practice
- Boundary surveying
- Land subdivision and planning