- Dow 734
- Director, Medical Laboratory Science Program, Biological Sciences
- Professor of Practice, Biological Sciences
- MS, Biological Sciences, Michigan Technological University
- BS, Medical Technology, Lake Superior State College
Karyn Fay graduated from Lake Superior State College (1975) with a BS in Medical Technology. She did her internship at St. Mary’s hospital in Saginaw, Mi and was certified as a Medical Technologist, MT (ASCP), she has a MS degree from Michigan Technological University (1989) and a Specialty in Hematology, ASCP, (1993).
She has worked in many disciplines over the years and in a variety of places. In Virginia, she worked as a generalist. In Florida, she worked in a plasmapheresis clinic and then in a reference laboratory working mainly in steroid chemistry and fluorescent microscopy. In Arizona she worked in microbiology doing related immunology and virology. Prior to coming to Michigan Tech, she was the Hematology Supervisor at Keweenaw Memorial Medical Center in Laurium, MI for many years.
- Clinical Chemistry
- Medical Laboratory Administration and Management
- Medical Mycology/Virology