Members of the Alumni Association board of Directors may use the following guidelines to define their involvement with the Board. The Board understands that circumstances may arise that affect a member from meeting these expectations and therefore will not use these guidelines to evaluate a Board member's performance.
- Participate in semi-annual meetings held at Michigan Tech During August Reunion and Winter Carnival weekend.
- Participate in a Board committee as assigned by the Executive Committee meetings will be scheduled by the committee chair but are expected to be held as a minimum on a monthly basis. Committee meetings normally will be held via conference call with meeting agenda and necessary materials provided electronically in advance.
- Participate in Alumni Association events held in the area where the Board member lives.
- Use time and talent to advance and promote Michigan Tech
- Provide an unrestricted annual gift to Michigan Tech.
- Continue to stay engaged with Michigan Tech and the Alumni Association after completion of term of service on the Board.
- Be a role model, an ambassador, and evangelist for Michigan Tech; Directors are Champions of the Michigan Tech Image!
- Board members are responsible for covering their own travel costs and accommodations when attending meetings.