- Location: Houghton, Michigan—voted one of the best 100 places to live according to "The 100 Best Small Towns In America"
- City Population: 12,500, including our sister city of Hancock, Michigan
- Campus Size: 925-acre campus—about a ten-minute walk from one end to the other—plus a 4,000-acre research forest
Faculty and Academics
- Number of Faculty: 481
- Student-to-Faculty Ratio: 13:1
- Average Class Size: 25
- UP Health—Portage has a clinic located in the Student Development Complex on the Michigan Tech campus. Their hospital and emergency facility is located just minutes away in Hancock and an express care location is located near Taco Bell in Houghton.
- Aspirus has a clinic located behind Wal-Mart in Houghton and a hospital and emergency facility in Calumet.
- Western Upper Peninsula Health Department located in Hancock offers a variety of health and wellness services.
- Learn more about health and wellness services available to Michigan Tech students.