Michigan Tech Supports Nursing Mothers - Lactation Spaces Available on Campus
Michigan Tech's WorkLife Connections is strongly committed to assisting working mothers wishing to continue providing breast milk for their babies when they return to work. Dedicated lactation spaces have been established in the following locations on campus.
- Electrical Energy Resources Center (EERC) - First floor, next to the women's restroom
- Administration Building - First floor, behind the women's restroom on the south (U.S. 41) side
- Center for Diversity and Inclusion - Second floor
- Great Lakes Research Center (GLRC) - First floor
- Lakeshore Center - Third floor
- FirstMerit Bank - Ground floor near lunch room
- Mechanical Engineering-Engineering Mechanics building (MEEM) - Fourth floor
- Student Development Center (SDC) - first floor
- J. R. Van Pelt & John and Ruanne Opie Library Mother's Room - Garden Level, Room G01B. Stop by the Library Service Desk for directions.
Visit the Michigan Tech Campus Map for building locations. All Lactation Spaces are available for use by faculty, staff and students. The spaces provide nursing mothers with a comfortable, private, sanitary space where nursing mothers can go to pump breast milk for their babies.
Please review the Guidelines for Lactation Space Use.