Michigan Tech Supports Nursing Mothers - Lactation Spaces Available on Campus
Michigan Tech's WorkLife Connections is strongly committed to assisting working mothers wishing to continue providing breast milk for their babies when they return to work. Dedicated lactation spaces have been established in the Hamar House, the EERC, and the Administration Building on campus. Visit the Michigan Tech Campus Map for building locations.
- Electrical Energy Resources Center (EERC) - Next to First Floor Women's Restroom
- Administration Building - Behind Women's Restroom on the South (US41) Side
- Center for Diversity and Inclusion - 2nd Floor
- Great Lakes Research Center (GLRC) - 1st Floor
- Lakeshore Center - 3rd Floor
- FirstMerit Bank - Ground Floor near lunch room
At the end of Summer 2013 two additional rooms will be open in the Mechanical Engineering-Engineering Mechanics building (MEEM) - 4th Floor and the Student Development Center (SDC) - 1st Floor.
All Lactation Spaces are available for use by faculty, staff and students. The spaces provide nursing mothers with a comfortable, private, sanitary space where nursing mothers can go to pump breast milk for their babies.
Please review the Guidelines for Lactation Space Use.