Support for Breastfeeding Mothers
We are committed to supporting mothers who choose to continue breastfeeding after returning to work or classes. There are currently eight dedicated, sanitary Lactation Spaces on campus where mothers can go to pump breast milk.
- Electrical Energy Resource Center (EERC)—First floor, next to women's restroom.
- Administration Building—First floor, behind the women's restroom on the south side of the building.
- Center for Diversity and Inclusion—Second floor.
- Great Lakes Research Center—First floor.
- Lakeshore Center—Third floor.
- FirstMerit Bank Building (Hancock)—Ground floor near lunch room.
- Mechanical Engineering-Engineering Mechanics building (ME-EM)—Fourth floor.
- Student Development Complex (SDC)—First floor.
- J. R. Van Pelt & John and Ruanne Opie Library Mother's Room—Garden Level, Room G01B. Stop by the Library Service Desk for directions.
Visit the Michigan Tech Campus Map for building locations. All lactation spaces are available for use by faculty, staff, and students.
Please review the Guidelines for Lactation Space Use.