- Janet Murgittroyd ’63 retired to travel, gardening, kayaking, sailing, and bridge. She would love to hear from fellow "toots." (And you can do that through HuskyLink www.huskylink.mtu.edu.)
- Phillip Holmblade ’71 recently retired from the architectural and engineering company of SSOE, Inc., Troy, MI, after 29 years, most recently as senior vice president/co-owner in the retail division serving as a principal project manager. Phillip is currently enjoying not having to drive to Troy every day and looking forward to playing more golf. He hopes to be able to become more active in supporting the youth of his area to seek engineering as a career.
- Aubrey Freeman ’72 has accepted a position as an adjunct instructor at Kaplan University. He is teaching an online class in effective writing and a class in technical writing. Aubrey is still with Unisys in the Twin Cities as a technical writer.
- Sally Heidtke ’81 retired from P&G after 24 years and is now vice president of human resources for UP Special Delivery, a regional transportation company in Iron Mountain, MI. She is also a diversity consultant/trainer with Legacy Unlimited, a global consulting community.
- John Miller ’85 recently retired from the US Army at the rank of Lt. Col. and began his second career with EDS, leading the database team as service-oriented architecture program manager supporting the US Army Accessions Command.
- Jamie Holden ’86 was recently named associate general counsel for Coachmen Industries, Inc., located in Middlebury, IN. Coachmen is one of the country’s leading manufacturers of recreational vehicles and systems-built housing and is listed on the New York Stock Exchange. Previously, Holden served as general counsel for Rhino Linings Corp. in San Diego. He and his family reside in Granger, IN.
- Christopher Gillanders ’90 announces Grace (3) and Elizabeth (5) in fall 2007.
- Philip Van Riper ’90 started work at Goodyear Tire and Rubber in Akron as a senior development engineer in the engineering mechanics group performing FEA on tires.
- Wendy Peffers ’92 announces Taryn Elizabeth Peffers, born 4/21/05, and Lainey Quin Peffers, born 6/11/07.
- Karen (Mikkola) Swager PE ’92 has been promoted to director, operations strategy, for Mosaic Fertilizer and is located in Mulberry, FL.
- Andrew Tabar ’92 was hired at Qualcomm in San Diego as a senior systems engineer in the IT department supporting the monitoring tools.
- Jim ’94 and Kimberly Allison announce their fifth son, Daniel John, on 11/8/07 in Wichita, KS. Daniel is happy and healthy.
- Shelley (Williams) Bolbrugge ’94, Ashleigh Bolbrugge, and Harry announce the latest addition to their family, Maddigan Lottie, on 9/28/07.
- Pippin ’94 and Janice Brehler announce the birth of Lisette Eleanor on 2/8/08.
- Jeanette (Foley) Albright ’95, Aaron Albright, and big brother, Ethan, welcomed Grace Denise on 3/8/08.
- Deb Zwitter ’95 has recently begun her new career at LSI Corp. in Fort Collins, CO, where she continues to work in the field of signal integrity for high-speed interfaces.
- Michael Erickson ’96 and Stephanie (Stodolak) Erickson welcomed their first child, Colton Michael, on 11/19/07.
- James Foster ’96 announces the birth of Peter Frederick Foster on 5/5/08.
- Brian Van Gheem ’96 announces the birth of Daniel John Van Gheem on 3/25/08. Brian has recently taken a position with Midwest ISO as a senior operations engineer.
- Kristi (French) Zakrzewski, PE ’96 and Brian Zakrzewski ’99 announce the birth of Anja Michelle and Eli Ryan on 12/6/07. Kristi has also accepted a new position as an associate engineer at CH2M HILL in Okemos, MI.
- Kevin Britton ’97 received a Master of Science in Engineering from Purdue University in May 2008.
- Tonya (Treichel) Albers ’98 announces the birth of Nora Catherine in September 2006.
- Laura Hoeflein ’98 and Michael Hoeflein announce the birth of Cecilia Therese on 11/9/07.
- Brian Spolnicki ’98 announces the birth of Melissa, born June 2007.
- Heather Bartel ’99 and Rick Bartel have relocated to Mesa, AZ. Heather is a senior vendor management specialist for Kelly Services at Intel in Chandler, and Rick is a program manager for TRW Automotive in Mesa.
- Jason Groendyk ’99 and Stephanie Groendyk announce the birth of Carey Sanford on 9/27/07 and Christian Matthew on 1/18/05 in Phoenix, AZ.
- James ’99 and Sarah Truax ’00 announce the birth of Wyatt John Donald Truax in Brockton, MA. His middle names are in honor of James’ dad and an uncle (both Michigan Tech graduates).
- Jesse Gwidt ’00 and Karen (Bell) Gwidt ’00 announce the birth of Kristina Margaret Gwidt on 12/23/07.
- Molly (Renn) O’Brien ’00 and Erich O’Brien ’00 announce the birth of Kendra Shannon on 12/27/07. She was welcomed by her big sister, Kaitlyn Rose (2).
- Zachary ‘99 and ’01 and Elizabeth (Tiefert) Owens ’00 announce the birth of their first child, Sawyer Westbrook, on 3/28/08.
- Tim Klein ’01 and Angie (Gialanella) Klein ’01 announce the birth of Caleb Ryan Klein on 2/2/08.
- Michelle Manarolla ’01 and Kevin Ford ’04 announce their engagement and plan to marry in June 2009 in northern Michigan. Both are currently living in Middletown, CT.
- Daniel Siderius ’01 completed a PhD in Chemical Engineering in 2007 and joined Washington University in St. Louis as a postdoctoral research associate. He resides in St. Louis County, MO.
- Andrea (Dreyer) Zuehlk ’01 married Matt Zuehlk on 6/17/06 in Bloomfield Hills, MI.
- Aaron Griffith ’02 married Jennifer DeMull in Grand Rapids, MI, on 11/17/07.
- Amanda McMahon ’02 and Ravi Patankar announce the birth of Viveka Denali Patankar on 2/23/08.
- Jacey Radel ’02 announces the birth of Caiden Alan on 12/15/07.
- Angelina Sclafani-Murphy ’02 is an intelligence support officer/assistant Hertfordshire Police Authority, Three Rivers, UK, and is married to Gary Murphy, clinical scientist, Health Protection Agency Center for Infection, virus reference division.
- Emily Miller ’03 is a senior mechanical engineer at Cardinal Health and lives in San Diego.
- Jennifer Muraske ’03 has a new job as accountant for the town of Snowmass Village, CO.
- Emily Coles ’04 announces the birth of Carson Guenther Coles on 4/13/08.
- Tony and Megan (Schaller) Moraska ’04 celebrated their marriage 6/9/07 in Milwaukee with family. Last October, Tony’s career took them to Coeur d’Alene, ID. Tony, an environmental engineer, is currently a regional sales manager for Blue Water Technologies, which provides water filtration systems to wastewater treatment plants in the US and Canada. Megan, a biomedical engineer, started her own company, Moraska Consulting Group, Inc. She provides project management expertise to large health care organizations around the country. Tony, Megan, and their black lab puppy, Miller, enjoyed their first summer in the great Northwest!
- Aaron Linford ’05 married Claire Adams ’05 on 7/7/07.
- Edward Oom ’05 began work with Canadian Pacific Railway in Milwaukee in March 2007 as a yard clerk and was promoted to project engineer in Franklin Park, IL, in November 2007. Project categories include track maintenance, bridges and buildings, and signals and communications on the Chicago Service Area from Chicago, IL, to St. Paul, MN, on former Milwaukee Road track.
Emily ’05 and Andrew Whaley ’06 announce the birth of Grace Beth on 2/5/08.
- Melissa (Trahan) Ward ’06 and Adam Ward ’05 and ’07 were married on 9/8/07.
The Michigan Tech family extends condolences to the relatives and friends of those who have passed away recently.