Spots are still open for Michigan Tech hockey camp for birth years 2008-10. Dates of the openings are from July 17-21 and July 24-28.
Participants learn and practice under personalized direction from Michigan Tech's staff as well as current varsity players, alumni and guest instructors. Skaters will have two ice sessions per day in the John MacInnes Student Ice Arena. Each session has a different practice plan to ensure skill development in all facets of the game.
Students are given the opportunity to learn each position (except for goaltending), with plenty of practice time—programs are built around daily on-ice instruction, focusing on power-skating, shooting, passing, positional playing and small-area games. Off-ice programming includes hockey skills and age appropriate competitive games.
- New for 2017: Camp runs Monday-Friday
- Birth Year 2008–2010, plus one year of organized hockey
- The Birth Year 2008-2010 age group will be divided into (1) black team and (1) gold team prior to the 1st day of camp. Both teams stay together for the duration of the schedule and only use the color differentiation for locker room assignments and scrimmages. Trades are at the discretion of the camp coordinator and will only take place to keep the talent level of the teams consistent.
- Locker rooms will be assigned for equipment storage for the duration of camp.
- Parents are encouraged to help dress their players when possible.
- Counselors are assigned to each group and remain with campers throughout the day, including meals.
- Lead and assistant instructors are present for all on and off-ice activities.